Friday, December 19, 2008

Terminal

I can tell when I've been someplace I cannot remember
by the chemical reactions in my body.
Stepping out of airplanes and into terminals, past wire magazine racks and a particular photograph of horses on a track or
tigers
in a cage or
stadium
these images then the smells of
coffee at three AM in the cities at terminal B16
I've been in this airport before to confirm
rushrushing down moving sidewalks filled with footprints suspended in a time warp
under and over the same bit of ground in a circle
layers upon layers
of my own footprints
past the familiar branch-off for the international terminal
around the corner there will be a plaza...


but just another row of shops and then I can see.
This is not the same
Cinnabon
newsstand
Ben and Jerries
racetrack
city
plane
person
footprint
circle
stop
B16
seat belt
take off

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoy poetry.
    Now and then I scribble a few lines and post them.

    Thanks for subscribing to my blog.

    Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome.